Believe me! I get it! A boudoir portrait session can be crazy scary. I’ve been in front of the camera for a boudoir session and its one of the most nerve-wracking experiences i’ve ever done. But I would do it over and over again!
I hear a lot of reasons from women why they are not ready to have a boudoir portrait session. Some say it’s just not for them, some say they’re not the “kind” of person to do a boudoir session and some are interested but a little unsure about what to expect. Here are the top 5 reasons or excuses I hear when women try to talk themselves out of a boudoir session.
‘I have nothing to wear.’
- When women think about a boudoir portrait session they automatically think they have to be naked or in lingerie. That’s the wonderful thing about boudoir sessions you can wear whatever makes you feel good in your own skin. That doesn’t necessarily mean nudity or lingerie. You can wear an oversize sweater with undies, a shirt with no bra underneath or a denim jacket with bralette under. If you feel really good about yourself in lingerie or naked, then I say go for it!
‘Boudoir sessions are too expensive.’
- I’ll be blunt, yes, boudoir sessions are expensive. And I hear it quite often. In fact I think it’s the number one reason why women don’t do boudoir sessions. But the bottom line is, when was the last time you did something for yourself? If you are anything like me, it’s been a while. It’s easy to say, “I cant spend that kind of money on myself.” But can you really put a price on feeling good in your own body? About looking at those images and loving what you see? A boudoir session will leave you feeling empowered and confident… I PROMISE!
‘I have to lose some weight first.’
- Boudoir sessions are not about seducing men or about being what someone else would find attractive. It’s about you celebrating your body as it is. There is no right or wrong size or person who can do a boudoir session. It’s about celebrating your body’s power, beauty and strength. Do not let your self esteem keep you from celebrating your body. Those extra pounds don’t change who you are on the inside. Besides you can always schedule a second boudoir session after you lose those extra pounds. I know after you do one session, you will want to do another and another. I have a ton of clients who come back again and again.
‘I have no one to give the photos to.’
- As we get older we often forget about ourselves. Our kids, careers and families become our worlds. While there is nothing wrong with that, we need to make sure we are making time for ourselves. Hello self care! Are you there? Theses sessions are all about you! Who better to pamper and give a gift to then yourself
‘I am too nervous or a boudoir portrait session is not for me.”
- I really get it. Its so scary. When I did my boudoir session my heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to burst out of my chest. But after a while, I started to relax and started to feel comfortable in my own skin. I will do everything I can to make you feel comfortable and at ease. And you can always bring a friend along to encourage you.
There are a lot of misconceptions about boudoir portrait sessions. You have to naked or in lingerie. You have to give your boudoir images to a spouse or significant other but one of the best gifts you will give yourself is a boudoir session. I promise! And if you don’t book a boudoir session with me, that’s ok. Find someone you are comfortable with because I truly believe all women should go through this experience at least once in their lives.